SHARE

Share

Friday, May 10, 2013

interview with ROARGH



new interview with an american melodeath band ROARGH, the interview is answering ROB
ENJOY

1)  what make u guys create the band?
Rob:
 Rob and I met at our college at SUNY Binghamton. We first entertained the idea of a cover band. After a year we decided playing original material was just a better idea. For me personally, I wanted support from a group of people, but not from a fraternity.

2) How did you guys come up with your band name?
Rob:
 That was completely made up by Rob. We entertained some pretty generic names at first; Chaos Unleashed, Unleashed Chaos, Chapter Black, etc. Rob got his inspiration from the second Voivod album Rrröööääärrr.


3) What bands have influenced your band and its sound?
Rob:
In the beginning I wanted both sides of the coin, I wanted our band to be extreme and artistic. Back then I listened mostly to Arch Enemy, Children Of Bodom, Dethklok, the early In Flames. Over time though I would write songs that were exclusively one style, like one song would sound like Testament/Exodus. Recently one of the new songs that we play sounds like something you find at Profound Lore Records. Very slow and doomy.

4) what lyrics u guys are use in your music?
Rob:
Most of the songs on our EP were written while Rob and I were still in college. So naturally, I wrote songs that bashed Greek Life, by which I mean Fraternities, Sororities, and the values they portray. I still crank out songs with those kinds of lyrics, but not as frequently since I no longer live in a community where those people I sing about, annoy me constantly. Other lyrical themes I've entertained, include scandalous behavior, war protest, I seem to bitch about society alot. But right now we're working on a song about something we actually like. Fast Food. Haha!


5) Do you remember your first show and what was it like?
Rob:
We definitely stuck out like a soar thumb at our first show. First of all that was the day we moved from the Southern Tier to the Hudson Valley, so it was like the first day getting involved in our local metal scene. Our first show was just Rob and I with the backing instruments played from an mp3 player. It may have been embarrassing being the only band without a drummer, but by doing so, we established that Rob and I are the ones in charge, and this is the music we are going to play. I thought it was a really great show, everyone including Blackguard (the headliner) applauded our music and spirit.


6) What song do you enjoy playing the most?
Rob:
Our closer is almost always Hazing Punks Fuck Off. By that time in the set, there's no guitar holding me back. And everyone's starting a pit, and I'm jumping in with them. It's the perfect example of saving the best for last.


7) When not doing things with the band, what can you guys be seen
Rob:
When I'm not at my day job selling shoes... I'm mostly at home. Though occasionally I do have a chance to go see metal shows on a local or national level. When I was a kid, my dad enrolled me in therapy because I never hung out with anyone and played video games instead. Nowadays I've lost alot of interest in video games, though it's music can b very inspiring at times, and being in this band and going to local shows gives me the perfect opportunity to hang out with friends old and new outside my house.


8) What can the fans expect to see from you in the future?
Rob:
Better songs. I know I said Hazing Punks was my favorite song to play. But if you ask what my favorite Roargh song in general was, my response would be, we haven't recorded it yet. We also want to work ourselves up to touring. When we put out another release we'll take some time out to do a statewide tour, maybe add dates outside the state of New York. And hopefully in support of a future full-length we'll do a national tour and see how it goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews