SHARE

Share

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

interview with INFECTING THE SWARM

ITS is a german brutal death band, interview answered HANNES.
band links:
BANDCAMP
FACEBOOK

1.Can i get a backstory on the band/ band biography?
The whole Idea of a project like this started back when I still was a active member of chordotomy. I wanted to write something fast and more technical with a style that goes in a whole other direction than slam. First I called the project "Visceral Defacement" but after a while of not being able to come up with any great songs I rethought my approach and felt that I needed to go in a whole other direction. So I mixed up 3 of my most favourite things: Brutal Death Metal, Biology and Sci-fi. And the result was Infecting The Swarm. I then wrote the first two songs and recorded the promo.

2. why you decided to create the band?
I really wanted to write something more complicated that needs just more skill, technique and work than the slam stuff I wrote with chordotomy.

3. what lyrics do you use?
The Lyrics are based on a concept which is a mix out of sci-fi horror and (molecular) biology. They are mostly very detailed with a lot of actual possible outcomes if for example a virus would attack the system of a human body. I really try to get as much reality into the lyrics as possible. It makes them harder to understand but if you do you´ll have a lot of fun with the picture I try to create with them.

4. How do you feel about the classifications in metal? like deathcore, metalcore and other subgenres and how some get a negative rep.
I´m actually a fan of classifications, they give people who are really interested in music the possibility to find new bands that are similar to the bands they already know and like and it also presents the opportunity of actual building a community around certain styles of music. But hating an certain genres or classes of metal is just ridiculous. You won´t and you don´t have to like every single genre in metal (at least I dont) but I just dont listen to it then and thats it for me, I see no use is hating on a certain genre when I simply could use the time to support the genres I like, simple as that.

5. When not doing things with the band, what can you guys be seen doing?
Well most of the time goes into university/studying, working out, girlfriend and friends. All the usual stuff I suppose.

6. which bands sound did you influenced?
  I´d say the bands that really influenced me and my music were Eighty Thousand Dead , (The old) Disgorge, Cerebral Effusion, Antropofagus and Putridity and they still are my mature influences when writing new material.

7. any ideas for the future?
At the moment my goal is to get the Full length done and after that I see how it plays out. I´ve already began to work on the concept and lyrical themese for the next full length but thats still a long while ahead. So at the moment - just getting the album done and recorded.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews