SHARE

Share

Friday, January 17, 2014

interview with KYOJIN DAIGYAKUSATSU (Giant Massacre)

interview with international brutal death band.
BAND LINKS:
Facebook









1.Can i get a backstory on the band/ band biography?

Larry(gu): Kyojin Daigyakusatsu is a band created by Kiyo Nishihara and
myself. We are an international act coming from El Paso, Texas and Osaka,
Japan with our first demo release in October 2012. Our other band mates are
Joseph Carrillio (Devour The Unborn drums, founder) is also from El Paso,
Texas, and Bruno Macias (Ex Guttural Secrete Bass) from Las Vegas, Nevada
who have recorded on the first album "Muhaka" which has been released by

Amputated Vein Records out of Japan.


2. What lyrical theme do you guys use in your music?

Kiyo(vo):Our 1st Album, MUHAKA is all about Buddhism idea of hell. you know
what happens after we die? We will be put on trial and sent to hell. There's
6 kinds of hell. This life is one of them......or something like that.
Personally i have had experience to almost die three times and got to be
interested in after life or that kind of stuff. I am not a buddhist tho.
Anyway, I like torture, horror and gore so I thought It's a perfect theme
for my lyric.


3. What bands have influenced your band and its sound?

Larry(gu): Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Godflesh, and Slayer


4. What made you guys decide to form a band?

Larry(gu): I've always wanted to visit Japan since my mother is from Okinawa
but unfortunately I don't know any family there so I would always wonder
about being there and what would I do there not knowing anyone. So after I
had met Kiyo when he moved to California I had seen a video on youtube
called Japanese Extreme metal the documentary. I saw an interview with Jacob
Wilcox from Death I Am which is another international band. Jacob mentioned
how he was able to play in the band and play in Japan by meeting the
guitarist Shogo in California. Kiyo told me he was moving back to Japan and
the same idea sparked in my head so I asked Kiyo if he would like to start a
band so that we could play Japan and it happened instantly. But now we will
find ourselves not only playing Japan but worldwide.


5. What is your opinion on sites posting your guys material and other bands material?

Larry(gu): I know it can hurt sales for record labels which is unfortunate
but there is nothing you can do about it. Understanding that there is no
control over this type of situation all I can do is accept it and hope that
our true fans will go about getting the physical album itself


6. How do you guys feel about the classifications in metal? like deathcore, 

metalcore and other subgenres and how some get a negative rep.
Larry(gu): Nowadays since there are so many different bands which actually
do play different styles of metal I think it is good to categorize them so
you can know what you are going to be hearing before hand. Some people just
don't like certain types of music so the first reaction for most people is
to say something negative. But it's no big deal. I know there are some
people who will do the same with our sounds and everyone is entitled to
their opinions.


7. When not doing things with the band, what can you guys be seen doing?

Larry(gu): I run a T shirt print shop and have a passion for skateboarding.
I go to all types of shows, snowboard when I can get the chance and just
hang out with family and friends
Kiyo(vo): Currently I live in Japan and have a full time job. I have learned
some types of martial arts like Karate since I was 5. I still spend most of
my time doing it.


8. What is your opinion on the current state of metal?

Larry(gu): I think the underground brutal death metal scene is doing really
well compared to other genres of music. I see a lot of support from bands,
labels, promoters and fans. So for at least the brutal music is in a a good
position


9. How did you guys come up with your band name?

Larry(gu): I had been studying Japanese and was learning words like murder,
kill, massacre, ect. and Kyojin Daigyakusatsu was the first name that popped
in my head which means Giant Massacre
Kiyo(vo): This is the greatest band name I've ever heard. hahaha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews