SHARE

Share

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Interview With "Skyforest"

New Interview With Russian Atmospheric Black Band.

BAND LINKS:
FACEBOOK

1.Can i get a backstory on the band/ band biography?
Skyforest is a kind of continuation of my past project Annorkoth, yet it’s a new project and not a simple name change. I decided to start from a “blank page” with much more thoughtful compositions, more epic and with neoclassical touch.

2. What lyrical theme do you guys use in your music?
Mostly sad/sorrowful lyrical themes.

3. What bands have influenced your band and its sound?
I could say I was influenced by Woods of Desolation’s album Torn Beyond Reason, since it is my favorite record of all time, but mainly I’m getting inspiration from beautiful neoclassical music, spirit of which was transformed into metal. I can even say that sometimes when I’m working with my neoclassical project Blurry Lights, I’m also getting ideas for Skyforest.

4. What made you guys decide to form a band?
I formed this project almost after the closing of Annorkoth, but it took me year to finally decide to announce it. First album was done with help of Tim Yatras, the mastermind of Germ/Autumn’s Dawn as well as ex-WoD and ex-Austere. Also there are other musicians who helped me there – my friend Risen, who did very nice intro/outro compositions and Julia H. (vocals). All of these people are just session members for this album though, and if there will be other releases, I will have to find someone else. So I’m the only guy in the band.

5. What is your opinion on sites posting your guys material and other bands material?
My music is always free, so the more sites will post it – the better.

6. How do you guys feel about the classifications in metal? Like Metalcore/ deathcore,
I have nothing against it, I think it’s a good way to find the music you like.

7. When not doing things with the band, what can you guys be seen doing?
I’m working and studying and nothing else. Every day seems the same, but fortunately I have music to create and to listen, which makes life enjoyable.

8. What is your opinion on the current state of metal?
I’m very rarely listening to the newest stuff, so I don’t really know. Mostly I’m getting only new albums from the bands I already liked in the past.

9. How did you guys come up with your band name?
I just wanted a simple one-word name which represents that the project is nature-themed. The idea of it is a forest on the mountain, from where you can see a big city. Actually, there is a place in California called Skyforest, and it absolutely matches my vision. Interesting fact, that I was aware of this place only few months after I came up with the name.

10. What can the fans expect to see from you in the future?
At first, we should complete this album and somewhere later I will maybe start to write the second one… Only maybe, because I’m quite busy and this project really takes a lot of time. I also have other neoclassical project Blurry Lights, which actually has a higher priority than Skyforest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews