SHARE

Share

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Interview With "Cheerleader Concubine"

New Interview with a Super Sick Goregrind Band!

BAND LINKS:
FACEBOOK
MERCH

1.Can i get a backstory on the band/ band biography?

DEVIN: I started this thing as a joke in 2007 when some friends and I decided to make our own Myspace cybergrind projects.


2. What lyrical theme do you guys use in your music?

DEVIN: I'm a huge faggot so lots of bad anime and japanese culture. Guro stuff, especially the works of Waita Uziga are super duper prominent.


3. What bands have influenced your band and its sound?

DEVIN: When writing and programming the drums, I listen to a lot of Last Days of Humanity,  Go-Zen, and various slam shit. Vocally, I'm especially influenced by Wormed; Phlegeton's gurgles are inhuman.

RICH: For me, Last Days of Humanity, the Locust, and Ion Dissonance are huge influences in the writing process.


4. What made you guys decide to form a band?

DEVIN: Well, like I said it was a joke but then I wanted to get away from the goofiness and attempted to turn it into a legit project. We're still stupid as shit.


5. What is your opinion on sites posting your guys material and other bands material?

DEVIN: I don't care about our stuff; publicity is publicity for us and if more people here us, that's swag. Other artists? That's entirely their thing. I say support the artists who deserve it.

RICH: That's great, we aren't trying to make money; we're just trying to get the slam out there.


6. How do you guys feel about the classifications in metal? Like Metalcore/ deathcore,

DEVIN: I get hella specific with genres so I'm all for it. There's a limit, of course, but it makes for easier searching and whatnot.

RICH: It's good to make classifications, but some people get way too into nitpicking genres.


7. When not doing things with the band, what can you guys be seen doing?

DEVIN: I do graphic design and also contribute to an internet band called xCUNTKICKERx, which is joke beatdown/grind. People can also hit me up on League of Legends, summoner name Shiina Mikado. Be warned; I suck ass.

RICH: I'm in 2 other bands; Warforged and Valley Of Hinnom. Warforged is blackened death metal and Valley Of Hinnom is my solo black metal project.


8. What is your opinion on the current state of metal?

DEVIN: Lots of oversaturation just all around. Even slam has gotten to be a bit much so hopefully we can breathe some life back into it.

RICH: Most of it sucks shit.


9. How did you guys come up with your band name?

DEVIN: CxCx was originally called Twelve Inch Clitoris but I faced a lot of opposition towards using that name so I just brainstormed and came up with Cheerleader Concubine and thought it sounded cool.


10) What can the fans expect to see from you in the future?

DEVIN: Got several splits and a full-length coming. Also some swag ass merch for the people that wanna rep the guro. 2015's gonna be a busy year.

RICH: More ignorant bullshit and slams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Affiliate Network Reviews